Craig Scott

Craig Scott
Mike Vitelli and Craig Scott

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rachel's Challenge

I really enjoyed accompanying members of our Leadership Council to the presentation of Rachel's Challenge at Medway High School today. This was an extremely powerful presentation that will hopefully have a long lasting imprint on NHS. We'd like to get this initiative up and running at NHS and I want as many people who believe in this crusade to join me. If you don't know what Rachel's Challenge is, you need to check out this website kyvoice.com/winchestersun/newerworld/?cat=18 Be prepared to question what type of person you are and if you are living up to Rachel's Challenge. HERE is her challenge:

1. Choose Positive Influences
2. Dream big and Journal about it
3. Practice Acts of Kindness
4. Eliminate prejiduce
5. Start a Chain reaction of compassion

I would like to start the F.O.R. Club here at NHS. Please let me know if you are interested in being a part of this and what you would like to do to help.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Mr. Vitelli!
I'm so glad we got the opportunity to hear about Rachel's Challenge today at Medway, it definitely impacted all of us in some way. I love the idea of the Friends of Rachel Club and all her codes, eithics, challenges and I would definitely be in it :).

bri valeri said...

Hey Mr. Vitelli!
I also would love to start a Friends of Rachel Club! It was a great experience and I think our whole school should hear about it! I would definitely want to be in it! I think we should start with explaining Rachel's story and go from there. I would love to help out with as much as possible! (:

Laura Demers said...

The challenge that is most important to me is Practicing acts of kindness. I would practice sharing, helping out, say kind things, don't spread rumors. People have ask me to join their groups. It makes people feel better about themselves to have people be kind to them.

ryan ellis said...

ryan said i think the most important i would practice helping people out, sharing with people i would say kind things to people and i will not start any rumors.