Craig Scott

Craig Scott
Mike Vitelli and Craig Scott

Friday, December 12, 2008

Awesome Job!

Great job on the Santa Fund! There were 4 classes that raised over $100 for the cause. Yes my class won, but the bigger issue here is that our goal as a school was reached AND surpassed from last year. Way to dig deep. I did get a lot of..."you cheated to win", "what did you do to raise so much money", etc, etc etc. Really??? Are people REALLY concerned that my class was able to raise that much money?? I thought the point WAS to raise as much money as possible. Aside from reaching into the jar from another class (which we don't do), there are no rules to raising money. I suppose if people would like me to stop making an effort to raise so much I could...but then who loses? The same people complaining are the same people who's class raised $5. The only cheating going on is the cheating of the family we are trying to support. I get excited about increasing competition amongst kids and classes. What I've gotten my class to understand is that in order for another class to beat us they are going to have to raise a ton of money and if that happens then we as a school have done a great job. I think the people wrapped up in how my class gets the money, she expend their energy in figuring out a way to get their class to raise money. Our kids are very generous kids, just ask them.

No comments: